Tuesday, December 23, 2008

What? No Christmas Decorations!

If you come by to visit us you might notice the absence of any Christmas decorations besides our tree, of course. There is a reason...it is not because we do not have Christmas spirit...it is because we have two very curious toddlers and these are the results:Santa's hand and sign have been ripped off...sign is to the side, hand is still missing.Mary and Jesus are here...not glued on anymore...and Joseph and the star are...you guessed it, MIA!Frosty has definitely seen better days! His hats and skis were ripped off as well as the bottoms of the ski poles and frosty's orange toothpick nose. Just a little while later, I found frosty minus his rock eyes and buttons! He really didn't stand a chance with Rylie around!So, for now, I've given up on the idea of decorating my house for Christmas and have placed the rest of the decorations that are still intact back into the totes and I guess I will try to decorate sometime again, maybe, in about 15 years! Now I know there might be some reading this that think, "well, I just tell my kids they can't touch anything and they leave the decorations alone" and think that maybe I am just not a good parent or I don't discipline them enough for ruining the decorations. But, honestly, there are bigger and more important things for me to worry about and my kids are in time-out enough for other issues. I seriously don't think they mean any harm, they are just curious little kids (think about how cats just want to play with mice...). I just think if I keep the decorations out of their reach (in the box) it's just better for everyone, for now anyway!

1 comment:

lvs2dance said...

Ok I just have to laugh and laugh...not because it is funny but because I FEEL YOUR PAIN! In fact I have that same palm tree from my nativity and it is broken in almost the EXACT same places! Cheap nativity! Don't they know that kids want to play with them? My home is FULL of broken christmas decor....heck it is full of broken EVERY decor. I keep telling Chris that the inside of our house looks so white trash because of all of the holes in the wall and writing on the wall and broken this and that! It is so frustrating because I want my stuff to stay nice. sigh....maybe when they move away from home. LOL