Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

Okay, this post is a little late, but thought I'd do a little write up anyway. Pictures are coming soon.

Anyway, I just want to say that we had such a fun, fantastic Valentine's day weekend. Jacie's preschool had a fairy tale party day combined with their Valentine's day party and families were invited. So, the girls got to go with Daddy to the party and dress up like princesses. They got to have their faces painted (Jacie didn't want to, but Rylie did and it was fancy) and they both got balloon animals. Afterward, they headed up to my classroom for our class party since it was at the time when her preschool was getting out. After two class parties, I must say that they got way too many treats and that many of those treats unfortunately found themselves in the trash after the 2nd day (too many treats=crazy kids so they had to go).

This year Curt and the girls surprised me at work with a bouquet of red tulips and a bouquet of heart balloons. Then, we surprised Daddy with a monkey that dances and sings "You know I want ya" and some of his favorite goodies...beef jerky and snickers bars. We also made and decorated cupcakes and cookies for family and friends. The girls loved to make theirs piled high with lots of treats! Yum, yum! Then, we got to deliver the goodies and spend some time with Grandma Kercher and Great Grandma Nancy and Great Grandpa Day.

It was just a really fun year this year celebrating a day of letting those you love know how much you care about them. I hope everyone had a great time this year thinking about those in your lives that you care the most about.

1 comment:

Sabine Berlin said...

Sounds fun. You are so close! Good Luck and I hope everything goes well for you and the baby!