Tyler Chase 
Born: Tuesday, March 16th @ 12:35 p.m.
Weight: 7 lbs. 11 oz.
Length: 20 inches

My Birth Story:
I guess it must have been warm and cozy inside because Tyler definitely didn't want to come out on his own, despite so many "false labor" trips to Labor and Delivery. So, I set up an induction for Tuesday, March 16th. I was admitted around 8:30 and I was already having contractions that were about 5-6 minutes apart and I was dilated to a 4. The doctor came in and I had my water broken at 9:0rted to come every 3 minutes and they were intense...I asked for an epidural only to be told that the anesthesiologist was in a c-section for another hour...what???? Why didn't they give me epidural before they broke my water then??? Anyway, at 9:30 they started the pitocin (a minimal amount to see if I needed any more) and by 10:00 I was at a 6 and ready for my epidural. It took another 15 minutes until I was able to get the epidural, but it only was affecting my left side. I could feel everything in my right side. They had me push my little "happy button" to give myself some more and had me lay on my right side and finally, some relief. We found out soon afterward that the baby was laying on my right side and he was face-up (posterior) which would explain some of the extra pain on that side and the back labor pain I was having. The baby's heartrate was dropping towards the end and they weren't sure if I might need to have an emergency c-section, but the doctor said he would try to turn him to avoid one. He was able to turn him successfully, but it led to me having a 2nd degree tear whiche is definitely not fun, but I guess it was worth it to not have to have a c-section.
I was fully dilated at 12:00 and started pushing...only to have my husband pass out while I was in the process. The doctor asked if he wanted to help hold my leg and he said he better stay near my head instead and then, he started to feel faint and went to sit down. The next thing I knew there were 4 nurses rushing in to help him as he was on the floor, he had passed out and thrown up. Ha ha ha! Curt is a big guy and most wouldn't expect him to be so queasy about things, but he really has the hardest time with any type of blood/injury. They kept telling me to push, but I was just a little preoccupied with trying to figure out how my husband managed to pass out from nothing really that it took me a bit longer to get focused. I guess just the thought of me in labor sent him over the edge. But, after a half hour of pushing, Tyler was here!!! Luckily, Curt was okay by the time the baby was born so he was able to hold him afterward and take some pictures. 


Tyler is such a cute baby and has a lot of dark brown hair. We love him so much already! The girls can't get enough of holding him and kissing him. I love that Rylie looks so proud in all of the pictures with the baby and I love that Jacie is so excited about holding him whenever she is able. It is so amazing to me that you can love someone so much in such a short amount of time. I love cuddling him and having him curl up in a ball with his feet and legs crossed and his arms tucked in by his face...I just think of how he must have been like that for so long and how it is comforting for him to be close to me. We have had a couple of rough nights where he wants to be awake and held or rocked most of the night and it is a bit frustrating, but all in all he really is a great baby and pretty mellow, at least for now. We love our baby Tyler!
Tyler is such a cute baby and has a lot of dark brown hair. We love him so much already! The girls can't get enough of holding him and kissing him. I love that Rylie looks so proud in all of the pictures with the baby and I love that Jacie is so excited about holding him whenever she is able. It is so amazing to me that you can love someone so much in such a short amount of time. I love cuddling him and having him curl up in a ball with his feet and legs crossed and his arms tucked in by his face...I just think of how he must have been like that for so long and how it is comforting for him to be close to me. We have had a couple of rough nights where he wants to be awake and held or rocked most of the night and it is a bit frustrating, but all in all he really is a great baby and pretty mellow, at least for now. We love our baby Tyler!
7 comments:
YAY! CONGRATS!! WHAT A BEAUTIFUL BABY! PICTURE PERFECT LITTLE FAM!
Congrats. Im so glad he's finally here. He is darling.
Congratulations!! What a handsome little boy, and I love the name you chose!
AW, congratulations, he is SO cute!! Glad everything went well, and I hope Kurt's ok :)
Congratulations on your beautiful baby! I can't believe your husband passed out! isn't this #3? You'd think he'd know what having a baby entails ;-)
Congrats!!!! You look so good. When my little guy was born I had a kidney infection and was vomiting for three days strait every 5-10 minutes, so we don't show my after birth pictures!!! I am so happy for you guys. We have the two girls and a boy also and it is so much fun. Welcome Welcome to your new little one!
That is so crazy that Curt passed out! Because Steve was SO close to passing out during my baby girls labor & delivery! His face got all white and he had to go sit down. It is funny to see a big guy, all woozie & pale.
Tyler is such a stinkin cutie! I am so glad that he is a good baby! :) I love that he has dark hair, when Riley's hair is SO light! Cute!
Post a Comment