Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Winter, Winter Go Away....Trieste and Kids Want to Play


Okay, I know, I know, I shouldn't complain, but seriously can't we be done with Winter already? Technically, the answer is of course, no...we still have more than a month to go and according to Utah weather that estimate is more like 2-3 months, but I have had enough of the cold and the snow and the shoveling and the blah. I just am a Spring/Summer/Fall kinda girl. I need the sun, the warmth, the clean (okay, not really especially in Utah...but any season's air is clean compared to our Winter inversion), fresh air and the ability to stay outside for as long as I want. I guess last week's warm (mid 40's) weather and sunshine gave me some serious Spring Fever! So, here we are, back to reality and the realization that Winter is still here to stay (probably for quite a while). Call me crazy, but I just want Spring to come and give me and my kids the option to be out of our house, where we want to be. I am just tired of being confined to life inside...don't get me wrong, we do get out at times, but it's not the same, you know what I mean, right?! I love the days where the kids and I can go outside, hang out, talk to our neighbors, jump on the trampoline, swing on the swings and just relax. I'm probably not helping those of you out there that long for Spring to come like me, but I just had to vent and if you feel the need to do so as well...just leave a comment below. For now, I guess my pictures of Spring will have to suffice!

4 comments:

Tiff-E said...

I'm with you...I was so wishing we could just lay out to get dry after playing in the pool the other day...oh, and it was at Fairmont...

Molly L. Phillipps said...

Don't hate me but I am liking the weather. I just came from Denver where we were having 50s and 60s for weeks on end. I was ready for some snow (except not while driving through hell - oops I mean Wyoming). I love that Salt Lake goes through all 4 seasons.

Laura and Jimmy said...

Jimmy laughs at me because i'm cold here in az. :) He's always asking me how i ever lived in provo?? but really, you should come here, because mostly its really really nice!!!

lvs2dance said...

OH I agree completly!!! Please spring can you hurry up!