Sunday, January 4, 2009

Jacie's 1st day of Primary!

Jacie went to primary for the first time today! She has been wanting to go all last year and we even tried to see if they'd let her since her birthday is only 4 days from the deadline, but no such luck. Anyway, we thought she'd be so excited to go finally, but no such luck, she was throwing a fit and I had to pick her up to take her there. The whole way she kept saying how scared she was to go, so I talked to her about how changes are hard, but sometimes they can be really fun. I also had promise to stay with her for awhile. She did do a great job, she and her little friend, Jeffrey (who was there for the 1st time also) were able to pay attention (somewhat), they participated in a game telling things about themselves (their favorite color, what they like to do, etc), they had some snacks and walked around the room in a circle for awhile (getting the jiggles out) and got to do some coloring (Jacie's favorite part). I told Jacie I'd have to leave to go play the piano in Relief Society and she was surprisingly okay with it, I came back and kind of peeked in during music/sharing time and she was doing great, so I went back to class. I just cannot believe how big she is getting. My little girl is growing up so fast!!!

3 comments:

lvs2dance said...

Yay for Jacie!!!! It is crazy how fast they grow...just wait, before you know it, it will be her last year in Primary! That is what I am experiencing right now...sigh

Ross and Aubrey said...

She IS growing up fast! I can't believe it.

Lindsey said...

They sang a welcome song in Primary to Jacie and Jeffrey. Once they sat back down the music leader asked if there were any birthdays this month and Jacie jumped out of her seat and said, "Mine! My birthday is!" Jeffrey decided it must be his birthday too and started jumping up and down saying, "mine, too. Mine, too!"
Totally cute! I'm so glad they get along well in there.