Saturday, September 27, 2008

Elephants, Tigers, and Motorcycles...Oh my!

Okay, I know cheesy title for the circus, but oh well...it's staying. We went to see the circus yesterday and took my little brother along (he's 15, but he really wanted to go). We were on row 8, the row first row above the VIP section...pretty great seats! We had a fun time, but I swear that the website said it was 90 minutes long and it actually ended up being 2 1/2 hours. We were worried that Rylie might have a hard time with 90 minutes and then, it was almost double that. Well, we had a fun time for most of it...Rylie decided it was fun to try to climb the stairs and the railing just in front of us so we had to keep chasing after her or pulling her down off the railing.

About the circus, some of it was great, but some of it was not so great. Our favorites were the elephants, tigers and motorcyles, of course. They were so much fun! Watch the video below...they actually had 7 motorcycles in there at one time, what?! But on the other side...the trapeze artists didn't do much, they had ponies run around in a ring for way too long, dogs catching frisbees and these clowns dressed up like penguins to do some "funny?" dance. Maybe I'm just too old, but maybe they could just cut out these parts out and make it a little bit shorter and a lot better!


1 comment:

Nikki said...

I'm SOOO with you on taking those acts out! I thought the motorcycles were pretty cool too. Did you guys like those bouncy tire looking things? We thought those were pretty cool.