Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween!!!

We had a fun Halloween this year (despite the fact that I was sick)! Jacie wanted to be a black cat again this year, I blame it on the boy at our Ward last year that said told her that he was scared of her. She told me she had to be a cat again so she could scare more people. Too funny! She also decided that Rylie was going to be a bunny and Rylie went along with her idea. So my idea of them being princesses was shut down pretty quickly.

We carved jack-o-lanterns Thursday...I had gotten a fright lights kit for the girls...they just pound in little lite brite type of pegs into a stencil provided. It was perfect that they had a cat stencil for Jacie and Rylie was fine with the bat one. They turned out pretty cute.



Friday night, we had a Ward Chili Cook-Off & Carnival that I was in charge of and the girls had a lot of fun going to all the booths and playing some fun games.

Then, on Saturday we went to the Halloween Spooktacular at Discovery Gateway with some cousins. It was pretty crowded, but the girls liked decorating treat/prize bags, decorating masks, fishing for toys in the fishing pond and doing some trick-or-treating there...they had some fun prizes for the kids instead of candy...nice job DG!


After that, we went to visit family and do some trick-or-treating in their neighborhoods. All in all, it was a fun weekend!

2 comments:

LaurieW said...

Such cute pics!!! Looks like it was all so much fun♥ I'm sorry you were sick, though :( Hope you're all better now.

Alicia said...

I love their costumes! So super cute. I can't believe how big they are both getting!