Monday, November 17, 2008

Happy 2nd Birthday Rylie!!!

Wow, can Rylie really be two years old already? Where does the time go? She has changed so much this past year, she definitely is no longer a baby at all. She is her own little person and has become quite opinionated lately. She loves playing with Jacie and her cousins and she loves being with the family. She loves music and loves dancing. I am glad she still wants to have me hold her at times and I love that she gets so excited when I get home from work. She is eager to kiss someone better if they are sad or upset. She loves all kinds of bugs, anything crawling is something exciting for her to watch, pick up, and unfortunately, squish. Her favorite ones are ants...she just can't leave them alone. I don't think she means to harm them, she really is just extremely curious about the world around her.
So, for her birthday, I decided to have a bug theme. I made her a ladybug cake and ladybug and butterfly cupcakes. She loved the bugs and had a blast celebrating her birthday for 3 days in a row. That's the great thing about having both sides of the family living close by.

We celebrated her birthday with just us and we went to Macaroni Grill and Kangaroo Zoo-that place is so much fun for kids-it's a place filled with different bounce houses and many of them are animals. Jacie said it was the best birthday ever!!!

Then, she celebrated her birthday with my side of the family on Saturday and Curt's side of the family on Sunday. She got lots of little people things, which she loves and things that make/have music which is another one of her passions. So, all in all, I think she had a wonderful time! Thanks everyone for making it a memorable birthday for her!

3 comments:

Laura and Jimmy said...

cute cupcakes! and your girls are adorable. :) i have a blog too, i'll send an invite to your hotmail account.

Ross and Aubrey said...

Great job on the cakes and cupcakes. So cute!
Can't believe your baby is 2.

Sabine Berlin said...

Your cake rocked! No wonder it was the best birthday with a mom like you!