Jacie started 1st grade today! I just can't believe how much older she looks this year compared to last year. She is in Miss Finerfrock's and Mrs. Oland-Wong's classes this year. Miss Finerfrock is her English teacher and went to the same highschool I did...just 1 year younger than me. Mrs. Oland-Wong is her Spanish teacher and was my first year teaching mentor. I also taught her daughter in ELP for 2 years.
When I took her to school today I went to show her where to line up and took her into her classroom. She was excited to have her own locker this year and her very own table/desk. She was also excited to see so many of her friends. Another great thing with the dual immersion program is that she will be with the same kids in her classes throughout elementary school.

2 comments:
How wonderful that your kids get to take advantage of the awesome bilingual opportunities in SL. I'm green with envy (in a good way)--I want my kids to go to the dual immersion program!!!!
That's awesome they have that program here. All we have in California is budget cuts!
Post a Comment